Griffith Park Observatory

On Sunday night, there was a group event to the Griffith Park Observatory. The park itself looked really nice. It had a lot of picnic benches and walking trails. I'd love to go back for the day to relax and walk around. On the way up the windy road to the observatory itself, Shelly and I saw a coyote! It stood so still like a statue, and then we saw it move it's head. It was incredible. It was right up close to the cars, and there were people who had stopped just on the other side of the road, not what I'd call a smart decision. The observatory was really cool. It had awesome views of the Hollywood sign and LA. We got there right as the sun was going down, and it was a really beautiful orange/pink sunset. The observatory is free, so we got to walk around and see some really cool space exhibits. I wanted to go to the planetarium, but that's the part that cost money, and I didn't have a whole lot of time. We went up to the roof to check out the huge Zeiss telescope they have. It was aimed at the moon, and I could see all the craters really close up. It was incredible. The observatory actually isn't that far away, so I'm going to have to go check it out again later. It was a great night.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment