Bonfire and Hockey

Yesterday, Joanna and Chris had an RA event. They planned a beach bonfire and cookout at dockweiler beach. Aside from it being a kind of dreary and cold day, it was awesome! They had to arrive at the beach really early to save a pit, but there was a decently sized group by around 3pm. It was actually a really far drive, about an hour, from Oakwoods, which was annoying, but apparently there aren't many beaches that have fire pits at them. We cooked hot dogs on special metal sticks over the fire, and I ate a ton of smores! The fire was nice and warm to stand around, and I would totally love to do this again sometime. We all smelled like the fire by the end of the night, but Mom and I both love that smell, so it was fine by me. We all hung around talking, walking on the beach, and playing paddle ball until the fire went out at around 6pm.

Tonight we went to the King's hockey game against the Anaheim Ducks, and what Canadian doesn't love a hockey game? It was really fun! Shelly and I took the subway to get there, and it was kind of a walk from the station to the Staples center in Downtown LA. We got there when the first period had started, but it was alright. It was fun cheering with Elijah and Jill, die-hard hockey fans from the program. The stadium was kind of flashy; the music was good, and there was a light show with the King's logo on the ice. I got a nice present for Ben there too :). Saddly, the Kings lost! They aren't that good, but whatever, it was still fun to watch. Walking back to the metro station with Shelly was kind of interesting. Downtown is a little bit of a scary area. It's creepily empty of people and cars. I wouldn't go there at night if you can avoid it. Still, we got back to the apartment alright. I've now seen a Dodgers and a Kings game; I'm definitely getting to do some uniquely LA things with the program. I really enjoy it.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment