Creative Arts Emmys!!!

Tonight was fantastic! I had the opportunity to work with On-Camera Audiences as seat filler crew at the Creative Arts Emmys. The Creative Arts Emmys are a section of the Emmys done before the normal Emmys. It gives out awards for technical achievements, makeup, costumes, and things like that. Seat fillers take the seats of the celebrities who get up to accept awards or go to the bathroom. They want the theatre to look full when the cameras show the audience. Basically, my job was to look around in my section for empty seats and take seat fillers to sit there at the appropriate times. It was a TON of fun. My feet are killing me, but I had a great time helping to coordinate for the event. The people I was working with were really friendly and complimented my ability to pick up on the job quickly. I got to feel really special because I had "credentials," a badge that said I had all access to the Nokia theatre where the event was held. I stood right at the front by the stage! I was so close to all the presenters, and I saw a lot of really awesome celebrities. Here's a list:

Mia and Seth from SNL
Chris Colfer (Kurt from Glee)
Alison Brie (Annie from Community)
Joan Cusack (The principal from School of Rock)
Kristin Chenoweth (April Rhodes on Glee and the original Galinda from the musical, Wicked) Dot-Marie Jones (coach Beiste from Glee)
Louis C. K. (comedian)
Pee Wee Herman (Pee Wee's Playhouse)
Gene and Nick Simmons (Kiss band member and his son, Gene Simmons Family Jewels)
Howie Mandell (host of Deal or No Deal, judge on America's Got Talent )
The Gregory Brothers (the auto-tune the news guys, creators of the Bed Intruder and Double Rainbow songs)
Jorma Taccone (one of the Lonely Island Boys)
Jeff Probst (Survivor host)

There may have been more that I forgot, but it was incredible to get to see all those people. My organizational skills could really come in handy in a job like that. The best news is that Dani from On-Camera Audiences asked if I'd like to do the American Music Awards in November!!!! It's going to be an incredible event. It's like a huge concert with even more celebrities to spot! I can't wait!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment