Let's Make a Deal

This week has been pretty uneventful. Not much going on. I should be starting my internship next Wednesday, which will be good because I've had nothing to do recently. Just to get out of the house I went with Sarah to Downtown Burbank on Wednesday to check out the mall and look for dresses for the Creative Arts Emmy's next weekend where we will be seat fillers. It was nice just to get out of the house. I got my eyebrows done at the brow bar in the mall there, and it was really nice to just get pampered for a minute, even if it did hurt. That night, Sarah, Siobhan, Danielle, Maddie, Shelly, and I went to the hot tub and a bunch of other Ithaca people were there. It was really fun to just chill with everyone.

Friday night was the Food Truck Festival that happens on the first Friday of every month at Venice Beach! It was really cool. There was a parking lot full of different food trucks. There was Dim Sum, BBQ, cupcakes, and burgers. If you know me, you know how much I love grilled cheese. I ate nothing but grilled cheese when I went out to dinner for like 13 years of my life. After waiting in line with Melissa and Shelly for an hour, I finally got a mac n' cheese grilled cheese! It was so worth the wait. I was starving, and mixing two of my favorite foods together is definitely a must do. They had a ton of different cheeses, breads, and add-ons, so you could basically make your own panini, which was really awesome, and they had dessert grilled cheeses too! I definitely need to track the grilled cheese truck down again later. After that, we went to Cool Haus for an ice cream sandwich. You could pick one of like 7 kinds of cookies, and fill it with one of about 10 different flavors of ice cream. The cookies were huge, and you couldn't even bit into the sandwich. I got red velvet cookies with sea salt caramel ice cream. It was definitely a yummy night!


Saturday, I went back to the mall with Siobhan, Sarah, Danielle, and Maddie just to browse. I basically decided just to wear my black pencil skirt and shiny top to the Creative Arts Emmy's, saves me buying a new dress. I did see a really nice leopard print dress with pockets that I liked at Charlotte Russe. I may have to get it later anyway. Downtown Burbank is always just a really fun and relaxing place to be. And I got to go to Yogurtland twice in one week, so anytime I get Yogurtland, I'm happy.

Sunday, I went with a group of 9 girls to Let's Make a Deal, a game show on CBS hosted by Wayne Brady. It was really awesome. We got to sit really close to the stage, so hopefully I'll be shown on TV in the episode. None of the people in our group got to play, but it was still fun to dance and have fun at the taping. I did find out though that neither me nor my family are allowed to play! I'm not affiliated with CBS because I intern with the Bold and the Beautiful, a soap opera on CBS. Oh well, I'll trade off not being able to play the CBS game shows for such a wonderful internship. Sorry though family! Didn't meant to get you involved too!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment