HalLAween weekend

I stole the title for this blog post from what apparently LA calls their Halloween weekend. Nice play on words I thought. Therefore, I'm going to tell you about my Halloween weekend.

Saturday night, after having spent all day writing my government and media paper and studying, I needed some relaxation time. Danielle and I decided to take my sangria to the hot tub. We drank a whole jug! It was a really nice, relaxing night then. Afterwards, Danielle went to use the bathroom at Chris's apartment because it's right next to the hot tub. A bunch of people were getting ready to go out, so we hung out with them for a while and danced. Chris's dance moves were hysterical. Everyone had good costumes: Maddie was Courtney Love, Sarah was the walk of shame, Siobhan was the house from Up!, Chris was a guido from NJ (which is funny because he's Irish and is, in fact, from NJ), and Jack was Scuba Steve from Big Daddy (which I thought was wonderful). It was a really fun night, and a good start to Halloween weekend.

As my last blog post says, Sunday I went to Runyon Canyon with Danielle.

Today was Halloween, and the biggest thing to do in LA for Halloween is to go to West Hollywood for their Halloween Carnival. It's HUGE! Also, West Hollywood is known as the gay section of LA, so there were tons of drag queens dressed up in crazy costumes. There were so many people dressed up in some wicked awesome costumes. I think among the best were a wolf-man in a cage, the queen of hearts, and Ursula from Little Mermaid. But my favorite costume by far was the Angry Bird's couple. This one's for you dad:
So anyway, it was cool to walk around and see all the costumes, but it was really crowded. I'm glad I had the experience of spending Halloween in LA though. It was really fun.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment